beckstraordinary
one classy broad
10.18.2006
If Happy Little Bluebirds Fly...
When all the world is a hopless jumble
When the raindrops tumble all around
Heaven opens a magic lane

When all the clouds darken up the skyway
There's a rainbow highway to be found
Leading from your window pane
To a place beyond the sun
Just a step beyond the rain

Somewhere over the rainbow way up high
There 's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby
Somewhere over the rainbow skies are blue
And the dreams that you dare to dream
Really do come true...


So, it's raining outside. I'm at work wearing my bright yellow sweater trying to combat the sleepies. Am I winning? No. I listened to Percy Metcalf singing "Over The Rainbow" on repeat the entire way in to work and it's still rolling in my head, and it's a slow one, sure to calm you down...you know, the perfect song to listen to when it's bleak outside. Like chicken soup in stereo.

The pumpkin patch last night was fun. It was a bit of a Hallmark for me in the fact that it was at the pumpkin patch last year where I first met the gang and then came dancing that Friday (Halloween). There was deffinately no Billy or Lindsay, and Kristin cut the night short because Leah was asking her in her munchkin voice to "Comeon Mommy" and not to stay (awwww!). Oh, and I burnt two fingers, but the s'more was worth the fight with the coat hanger.

It's Autumn, kids.

Tonight is the last night of the slow Lindy workshop. It's sad. As much as I've taken that class to heart, I haven't had many folks to put it in practice with. If I want to dance it, I have to backlead and sit into the leads to get what I want. It's wrong of me, I know, but there's only one Brian, one very picky Cliff, and two other old guys...one of whom has no confidence in his ability to lead anything (even though he's great in class).

C'est la vie.