beckstraordinary
one classy broad
8.04.2006
When One Lives Tasty...
Happy Bonus Friday! I took the majority of my bonus and paid some bills, naturally. I also did a bit of shopping with my Old Navy coupon today and got four pairs of argyle socks, two tanks, two tees and one hoodie for 20% off. Yay! The hoodie has already come in handy, thanks to the folks who keep my house sooooo cold and spend my money like it's soup.

I'm going to be half an hour late to JNO tonight. I'll be at the Dundee to see Strangers With Candy. I've been looking forward to this since I first heard it was announced. I used to watch it on Comedy Central and loved it. Amy Sedaris is hilarious and I enjoy a good girly gross out every once in a while (ex. Dirty Love or The Sweetest Thing).

I'm doing a little bit o'laundry right now waiting to leave for the movie. I'm playing with the laptop so I can listen to music. My speakers are quiet as a mouse and the main computer's speakers are blown. Either that or the sound card is a bit screwy because none of the forward sound is coming out. Bah. I'm a fan of the laptop.

Wednesday night, I was sitting in Trovato's with Kristin. Christy had left the table, and we were waiting for Sam to come back to help pay the bill. In the mean time, we could hear the folks at the table behind us clear as day. Their conversation lulled and he sighed and then we heard, I kid you not, "Durka durka durka durka." We about died. I had tears in my eyes. Team America: World Police...if you have a sensitive stomach and are easily offended, don't do it. If you're a crude, rude, animal dude -- go for it. Good times.
1 Comments:
Blogger Linda said...
Okay, two things are making me laugh so hard: 1) The hoodie has already come in handy, thanks to the folks who keep my house sooooo cold and spend my money like it's soup and 2) Their conversation lulled and he sighed and then we heard, I kid you not, "Durka durka durka durka."

What I want to know how do you spend money like its 'soup' and what the heck does "Durka" mean?

You are soooo funny! I just *heart* you! Thank you so much for being my friend and brightening my day with your wonderful insight! :)