beckstraordinary
one classy broad
8.10.2006
Trying To Face That Something's Happened...
Well kittens, it's official. I pooped out. I got canned today, not because I'm a bad worker, but because I couldn't get the terms and conditions to make sense. You can all be horribly dissapointed, but I kept my memory hat on, I came up with pneumonics, I read and re-read until I couldn't think. It just didn't stick. I was forced to try my hand at something new, knowing full well that I was, for all intents and purposes, perfect where I was.

My boss told me today that she has no problems writing me up a recommendation. She told me straight to my face that I was an asset to the team, to the company even, and that in this case, there was nothing she could do. And there was nothing she could do. She can't control the way I understand things, reason them out, the way things process with me. She can't. I appreciate her grace.

Katie came and found me at the HR desk. She walked out with me. I appreciate that so much. It's bad enough to feel weak and be exposed. She was, if for a moment, my shield. I'll miss talking to her all day at work, but I'm glad I got to know her, I'm glad we're friends now. She's awesome.

You know when you hear a song and you're not sure, but you know without a doubt it applies? I heard a cover of the song "Float On" in the John Tucker Must Die movie. It stuck with me. It's keeping me from exploding today.

We both got fired on the exactly the same day...
Well we'll float on good news is on the way...
2 Comments:
Blogger SuzieQ said...
:( I'm sorry. ((hug))

Blogger Linda said...
i am sorry that this happened. something new and better will come along, i know it will. (hugs & kisses to a very special person)