beckstraordinary
one classy broad
7.09.2006
Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy...


So, I went to see Superman Returns yesterday. I want to know why no one warned me how much Brandon Routh looks like Christopher Reeve? Not really my point. I was reading through the history of how this sequel came about, and I've heard of stuff along the way (I was the comic queen back in jr high and have carried qualities of that through my life since) and I can't believe they went with this script. I'm alomst completely certian that the Kevin Smith/Tim Burton version would have completely kicked ass-even the JJ Abrams version-because hey, all three men are amazing writers/directors.I'm not saying I was dissapointed in the acting, because for the most part is was precious and precocious, but the story was so weak and terribly dissapointing.

I'm thrilled with Brandon Routh after seeing him, however, Kate Bosworth is by no means Lois Lane. Lois is brash and calculating, snoopy and fearless, never admiting to having any faults and not soft by any means. Kate Bosworth was a puppy the entire movie. I do not embrace a cuddly Lois Lane. Now Parker Posey as Kitty Kowalski? That was a brilliant move. It is true, she steals every movie she's in whether or not she's the main character. I lub, lub, lub, lub, luuub Parker Posey. Kevin Spacy as Lex Luthor? Meh. Could have been worse. Good times.