beckstraordinary
one classy broad
4.08.2006
Celabratory Pelvic Thrusts...
The days go on, the lights go off and on...

I don't remember if it was Acapella or Go Fish who sang that "Good News" song, but it really doesn't matter because I have good news...

I got the job, I did! Boy howdy. I am so excited I could do a jig. I've been in good spirits all weekend. I had to play a couple hours of phone tag with my recruiter, but I am so thrilled because I got to walk into human resources on Friday and give my two weeks notice.

I went through my file cabinet at work today and seperated everything I wanted to keep verses everything I could throw out verses everything that could be recycled. I tell you, I had a stack of crap two inches thick that went into that recycle bin at work. Good night -- that's a lot of tree. I kept my scratch books though. I probably have a lot of valuable information in there, but most of those books haven't been used in months so I wouldn't remember a thing. There were just too many good doodles in it for me to give it all up. Maybe I'll go scan a few. Goodness knows how many there are total.

I took a two hour nap today after work. I am a heavy sleeper when I dance all night and wake up to be at work at 6 the next morning. I woke up from my nap to find that I had been straight droolin like a fool. I do not drool, so let me tell you, I know I needed sleep. I'll probably have no problem passing out tonight, either.

And nothing really matters when you're gone...

Heather left town today. We said our good-byes last night and it was sad to see her desk all cleaned off at work. She's a damn great friend. I can't wait to visit her in New Hampshire for her wedding. Awww.

If you think you feel nothing at all...

Girls should not keep lists of guys they like. It's a pain in the ass to have to keep switching around the first two on the list. It also feels unfair to have it in your mind to prefer one more than the other because you get paranoid that you're not giving anyone enough of a chance and you're also expecting too much.

I've been working hard on the guy thing...trying not to be the one to make the first move. I really like this one. It's hard...and sometimes it sucks, but sometimes it's overly satisfying. Like last night for instance, when he asked me to dance instead of the other way around like it always is.

On the other hand, I've taken a completely different approach with the other one that says, "If at first you don't succeed...try, try again." I have no idea how that's working except for the fact that he seems to be a little more attentive and he doesn't seem to see through me any more.

Bah.
3 Comments:
Blogger Viv said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Blogger Viv said...
Congradulations on the job!! I'm so happy for you. I might see you at Kereoke tonight. I'm still thinking about it.

Blogger Becky said...
congratulations, Becki!!! I am happy for you.