beckstraordinary
one classy broad
3.27.2006
My Heart Was Wrapped In Clover...
Boys and girls. Girls and boys. Oh what a weekend. I am pooped.

I spent four gruelling hours with Heather at her wedding expo on Saturday. That is not something I suggest any single girl do. I don't care if you're the maid of honor, just don't do it. It's not yours and there is nothing you're really there for except the chocolate fountain and to try to help her get free stuff. It's like agreeing to shovel the neighborhood's dog crap for free. No one there wants to think that you or your situation exsists. Their single"ness" is gone and done with. They don't act like you're a pox upon them, but they sure as hell don't want to talk about making anymore effort. They've snagged their man and they're done with the process. Now it's all about the day and deciding on how they're going to change the man once they've taken the big white meringue off. Engaged women are vicious. Blah.

A little gathering I had planned after that did not go at all. I was waiting at a certian location for twenty minutes and not a single person showed up. That was smeariffic. I know, I'm sorry for being so gross. I was just a little miffed, seeing as I gave *everyone* two weeks notice, and the one person I was counting on showing up pouted her way out of it twenty minutes before. I keep rolling my eyes...they're bound to end up on the floor any second now.

I spent three hours on my interview today. Dear Lord. Then I forgot my cell phone so I had to go back with a refrence list. There is no reason for a marathon like that unless I'm running for government. I really want the job though. I can't say that enough.

I had so much fun last night with Bex and Merinda last night. It's true what people assume about women. We're all like balloons. We collect so much data (ours or otherwise) and it's like we just suck in air until we can just deflate and get it all out. I have no problem admiting I am that way. I'm really good about not busting first, but man oh man...when girls get together, it's like we're all sitting deflating right in front of one another. So hilarious. So much fun.

I've been spending an obscene amount of time with my iTunes deciding my favorite versions of the classics. This is what I've discovered so far: If Peggy Lee or Bille Holliday sings it, odds are they sing it the best. Also, I'm madly in love with "He's A Tramp" from Lady and the Tramp. It's Peggy Lee. I had no idea. That song is heart wrenching. Guh.
3 Comments:
Blogger Becky said...
I had fun last night too. The balloon analogy is right. I hadn't thought of it that way, but you are so right about that. Hope you get the job!!! Peggy Lee is awesome. I find that I am more partial to Ella than Billie, though.

Blogger Mae said...
As usual I agree with Bex 100%
I had a gret time on Sat. We should all get together again soon!
Good luck with the job!!

Blogger Viv said...
How did the interview go?
I hope you get this new job to. Let me know when you find out.