beckstraordinary
one classy broad
1.22.2006
This Little Light Of Mine...
Talk about your rabid blogging...

So, I have a fire pit in my back yard (I gave a few people a call tonight, if you receive a message on your phone, it's just too late and I have to work in the morning). Dad fired it up about 3:30pm and I came home to find him and Leah entertaining themselves in front of it. He was trying to burn up all the branches and twigs we've cut down from the back yard. I immediately got my phone out to call a few folks. I had a great time talking, drinking hot chocolate and eating yummy toasted marshmellows with my sister's pal Lori. Poor Heather got lost and has no cell phone, so poo. I tried to get ahold of Amy but I don't know her number and her mother wasn't answering her phone.

I sat in front of that fire, feeding and stoking it for three hours. I had a lot of time to think by myself with the teeny exception of the 30 minutes spent with Lori. I'm still clueless about how to start this new journey in my life. I have a couple ideas, and I think I just have to suck up my pride and money issues, because I know it will totally involve some sort of internship or apprenticeship. It's weird to discover what you want to do at a comfortable part of life. I was just easing into my situation and goodness gracious, I didn't need to decide this yet, and it's just decided to up and slap me in the face as something that's all of a sudden just too natural to me.

Ah well, fire does strange things to men.