beckstraordinary
one classy broad
11.27.2005
Credit, Check, 1, 2, 3...
Just testing out the new digs. I got them to go with the new life I've been expirimenting with.


Seems I have a life when I'm on vacation. Or at least when I have Saturdays off. I've been setting up my house and dealing with the squirrls. Let me tell you, the yard took three days and could still use a little more tending to, and the squirrls have taken to spending all day rummaging through the gutters to find any hidden walnuts. I think I'm going to have to write a horror novel based on squirrls. It'll be great and make me millions. Yard work and squirrls as horror? Genius! I've also got my room in some sort of working order, although the bars I'd bought to hang my clothes on have both busted. Yarr.

I went to the Joslyn Art Museum on Saturday like I did back in the good ol' days. The Picasso exhibit was there and I have to tell you that - holy crap - that man really loved the nudies. I mean, I knew he had a lot of nudes in his paintings, but the collection from his grandmother was about 80%+ NUDE. There were a few things from his bullfighting period and a couple portraits - which were completely respectable and lovely. Oh yes they were. He also appeared to me to really be into acrobats and circus folk in general. I never knew. I was never explained any of this when I was in school art classes. It was all about cubism and his blue period. I guess you really can't explain his obsession with the naked female body and odd obsession with animal genitalia and rape to 5th graders without turning them completely off his good stuff. Someone probably has an explination for this that I'd be happy to hear, but golly, I know what I saw.

I've been spending mucho time with my sister. I think the endorphins from dancing have really helped our relationship. We're going to try the Charleston class on Wednesday again and see if the class goes this time (the class was cancelled the last two times we've gone). I hope it does, it's been nice being off my butt and moving around, and nice spending so much time with my sister. I don't know if y'all know this, but I have the best relationship with my sister. I get along with her better than I think I get along with anyone in my life. I think it's just because we get each other, and we appreciate how silly our serious sides are. Not to mention we genuinely like each other as much as we love each other. So yeah, I just appreciate her and wanted to voice that somewhere.