beckstraordinary
one classy broad
3.28.2005
Do You Believe In Life After Love...
Jotted some stuff down today. Thought I'd share.

As far as my religious beliefs, these are just the basics, the tip of the iceburg:

I believe God created earth, time, light, animals, veggies, minerals, thought, purpose, etc. I believe we were complete in him until Adam and Eve took the first step into sin (transgression of a religious or moral law). I believe that sin made us incomplete beings, seperated us from God, and created a need for the law and eventual salvation. I believe because of this, we are always searching for that thing that makes us whole, that will save us.

I believe that Jesus is the one who made us complete because of his sacrifice (i.e. through death on the cross and resurection from death breaking the need for and power of the law). I believe that the new covenant is as simple as the Bible states in Luke 10:27: "He (Jesus) answered: 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’" I believe that Jesus, after he defeated sin and death and the law, went to heaven to prepare a place for everyone who believes in him and everyone who on this earth who were never able to be held accountable and/or make a decision, and promised us the comforter, who is the Holy Spirit.

I believe the Holy Spirit is on the earth, everywhere, all God, all God's Spirit, unctioning and guiding as we allow personally, a believer of Judeo-Christianity or not. I believe that the Holy Spirit's guidence is intimated and personalized according to each person's need and will always direct people toward truth (i.e. Luke 10:27).I believe that Jesus, as he promised in his word (Revelations 22) will return again to have the final say, and those that believed will have a place with him, and those who wanted no part of him will have no part of him.

Nice way to put it, no?

I do have beliefs about the devil and the talking ass and all sorts of other biblical things, but I just thought that would end up being too much information.

As far as personal, "political" views are concerned:

I believe we have a choice. We have many choices and those choices have consequences, good or bad. Cause and effect. As far as predestination is concerned, I believe we are all predestined to end up at the same place, but I believe that choice hinders our graduation to that place sometimes.

I believe it is a woman's choice to abort. I don't believe that I will ever personally make the decision to do so, but one man's left is another man's right and I don't get to say who has the best answer.

I believe science is man's cry to fully know God in a way that we'll never know on earth. I believe that discovery is the Holy Spirit's unctioning and revealing of a piece of God's nature. And I believe if life is ever found on another planet, no, they may not know the name "Jesus Christ," but God will have created them different from us with different needs and a different means of filling those needs...maybe they'll be the lucky ones who are made complete and were smart enough to remain that way.

I believe that Bush is an incomplete man, as are Kerry, mother Theresa, Billy Ghram, Ghandi, Hitler, and the homeless guy in downtown Omaha who I always see asking for change. Good, bad, what have you, they're all searching for the same thing and all make steps to find it. Rarely are they the same steps you or I would take.

I believe that slavery is not loving your neighbor as yourself.
I believe adultry is not loving your neighbor as yourself.
I believe my fist encrouching on your nose is not loving my neighbor as myself.
I believe that any harm against a person, be it verbal, physical, emotional, or any of a number of other things, is not loving ones neighbor as themself.

I believe that as long as a homosexual person loves the Lord their God with all their heart, soul, strength, and mind, that they're on the road to completion. If they don't, they're rockin people who I'll love as myself.

I believe that this is getting way long.